Assisted conception in Greece and Europe

Tests and treatments are available for both male and female fertility problems. Both partners will need to be tested and it’s usually best if you attend appointments together – but follow the advice of your specialist.

Initial tests of your fertility can be started by your GP,Guest Posting who can give support and lifestyle advice.

It’s best to have treatment for fertility problems under the care of a specialist team. This team will include a doctor – usually a specialist in women’s health (obstetrics and gynaecology), and a counsellor. Seeing a counsellor can help you to cope with the stresses and strains that come with fertility problems and having fertility treatment.

If you have a regular cycle, you will have a test for your levels of the hormone progesterone seven days before your period is due. This checks that you are producing eggs (ovulating). Your blood will also be tested for the other hormones involved in getting pregnant.

You will have an ultrasound scan of your womb, fallopian tubes and ovaries. The best quality pictures are seen when the scanning probe is placed in the vagina (a transvaginal ultrasound). Your specialist may also suggest you have a laparoscopy, which is a keyhole operation to look directly at your ovaries and fallopian tubes. An alternative to a laparoscopy to check your fallopian tubes is a test called a hysterosalpingogram (HSG). This is a test where your doctor will inject a dye through your cervix while you have an X-ray. If your fallopian tubes are open, the dye can be seen to flow through them. HSG is an